Hunningley Primary Academy is proud to be a part of the United Learning Trust.
United Learning is a group of schools committed to providing excellent education through which all pupils are able to progress, achieve and go on to succeed in life. Our approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere. We summarise this ethos as ‘the best in everyone’.
At Hunningley we seek to improve the life chances of all our children, young people and staff. Our ethos is governed by the Framework for Excellence and Core values.
Our core values:
Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others
Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause
Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real
Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do
Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests
Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success
Framework for Excellence
‘Mankind owes to children the best it has to give.
Many things can wait, but not the children.
Now is the time that their bones are being formed, their blood composed, and their senses developed.
We cannot answer them tomorrow.
Their name is today.’
With this in mind, we at United Learning have developed our Framework for Excellence. It is at the heart of everything we do. The framework is five key principles that we believe are vital to an excellent education for our children and young people.
- Education with character – young people are expected to contribute to their school and to society; to try things which they think they cannot, to persist in the face of difficulty; to become resilient in overcoming obstacles; to manage themselves; to work independently on things which challenge them; to work with others and in teams; to be courageous and caring; to lead.
- Leadership in every role – Our children are leaders of the future. We expect them to start today- taking advantage of structured opportunities to lead and take responsibility for themselves and others.
- Best from everyone - Every child is a special individual, capable of extraordinary things. Staff and students at Hunningley act with the utmost love, care and good faith – the highest standards come with the greatest attention to the wellbeing of all.
- Continuous Improvement – ‘Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing which has.’ Margaret Mead. We can be better, we constantly look to make improvements, we observe one another and collaborate, we steal good ideas with pride, we look at the evidence and evaluate, we stop things which don’t work, we improve things we do, we look to have high impact at low cost, making it better matters to us.
- Powerful knowledge - ‘Knowledge is power’ Francis Bacon.
Our utmost important purpose is to teach young people the things they would not learn outside of school, this frees them to think and act more powerfully in their lives. We aim to prepare young people to make a success of their lives; a core entitlement to subject-based learning; the development of talent; and understanding of work and society.